FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. How can I get a login to view the detailed product and rates?
- Contact our Sales Team at email@example.com; we look forward to speaking with you!
Q. Where do we send booking inquiries?
- Contact our expert FIT Reservations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (or phone 1-604-639-9062). Send group tour requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q. Do you have an online reservations system?
- Yes, you can quote or confirm FIT bookings directly with us through our online system. You will require a login and password; to obtain one please contact our Sales Team at email@example.com.
Q. What are your business hours?
- Our Reservations Team is available Monday through Friday from 07:00am to 17:30 (Pacific Time) and on Saturdays from 09:00 am to 17:00 (Pacific Time).
Q. What are your booking policies and payment process?
- With your login access, this information is available in our Terms & Conditions located under the Tariff section of the website. Please note that bookings for Canadian services must be paid in Canadian dollars and services in Alaska in US dollars.
Q. Can you book services in the United States?
- We offer a comprehensive FIT tour program for Alaska. Suggested itineraries are available as well as tailor-made itinerary planning in consultation with our Travel Designers. Email Alaska@discoverholidays.ca to begin your booking.
Q. Do you supply travellers with documentation?
- Yes, for any of our tariff packages, including Rail & Coach, Self-Drives and Mini Packages; documentation can be arranged for customized packages. Documentation can include a final itinerary, vouchers, guide book, destination maps and brochures. For our Self-Drive packages we include detailed colour maps with driving instructions. We send the package to the travellers’ pretour hotel in Canada or Alaska.
Q. Do you have an After Hours phone number?
- Yes, while in Canada and Alaska travellers can contact our office toll-free at 1-800-243-0129; when calling outside of business hours travellers will be prompted to leave a voicemail or, for an emergency, transfer to the agent on-call.
Q. What associations do you have a membership with?
- For consumer confidence for financial and service security we are registered with Consumer Protection BC #3590. We are also members in good standing with Tourism Vancouver . Discover Holidays became Virtuoso Preferred On-site in 2015.
Q. How long will it take for my booking to be confirmed?
- Booking confirmations will be forwarded within 24 hours of receipt, except on weekends or public holidays, where a response can be expected on the next working day.
Q. How do we know what the pick-up time is for day tours?
- All pick-up information for tours can be found in the Itinerary Remarks in the confirmation sent to you.
Q. Are we able to obtain rates for room categories that we do not feature in tariff?
- Yes, please email your request, along with the room category requested, and we would be happy to obtain the rates for you.
Q. What are the public holidays in Canada and Alaska in 2016?
- New Year’s Day – 1 January
- Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday – 18 January (Alaska)
- Family Day – 8 February (British Columbia)
- President's Day – 15 February (Alaska)
- Family Day – 15 February (Alberta, Ontario, Saskatchewan)
- Islander Day – 16 February (PEI)
- Nova Scotia Heritage Day – 16 February (Nova Scotia)
- Louis Riel Day – 16 February (Manitoba)
- Yukon Heritage Day – 19 February (Yukon)
- St. Patrick's Day – 14 March (Newfoundland)
- Good Friday – 25 March
- St. George's Day – 25 Apr (Newfoundland)
- Victoria Day – 23 May (Canada except Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Quebec)
- National Patriot's Day – 23 May (Quebec)
- Memorial Day – 30 May (Alaska)
- St. Jean Baptiste Day – 24 June (Quebec)
- Canada Day – 1 July
- Independence Day – 4 July (Alaska)
- Nunavut Day – 9 July (Nunavut)
- Orangemen's Day – 11 July (Newfoundland)
- August Civic Holiday – 1 August
- Discovery Day – 15 August (Yukon)
- Labour Day – 5 September
- Thanksgiving Day (Canada) – 10 October
- Alaska Day – 18 October
- Remembrance Day (Canada) and Veteran's Day (Alaska) – 11 November
- Thanksgiving Day (Alaska) – 24 November
- Christmas Day – 25 December
- Boxing Day – 26 December
Q. What is the suggested gratuity amount in Canada and Alaska?
- A 15% gratuity (calculated before tax) is the suggested amount for services (ie: restaurants, tours/transfers, driver guides, etc.). It is also customary to tip bellmen and other staff members a small amount for service.
Q. Do you offer Guides? And Do you offer day tours in languages other than English?
- Scheduled day tours and excursions will have English speaking drivers and guides. Individual private guide services can be arranged for a separate cost. Scheduled day tours are in English, with the exception of Quebec where French and English are available. Day tours in Spanish are available in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Day tours in German are available in Vancouver and Toronto.